Senior Architect & Engineer - Frontend (Web, iOS) and Backend (Node.js)
Jan, 2017 - present
Transition and maintain Key Ring after acquisition. Architect and implement experimental web and mobile apps in the
consumer shopping industry.
- Transition Key Ring from our custom AWS server cluster to Valassis' Kubernetes infrastructure
- Maintain and update Key Ring functionality to integrate with Valassis' initiatives
- Assist and advise on the market direction of Key Ring under Valassis' ownership
- Work with a team to build experimental consumer-facing web and mobile apps
Lead Engineer - Frontend (Web, iOS) and Backend API (Ruby on Rails, Node.js)
2010 - present
Technical Lead for all engineering efforts for a popular, high traffic mobile app. Ship production code on the entire
stack with a focus on our Ruby on Rails API.
- Design and build the RESTful API with Ruby on Rails handling millions of requests per day
- Design and build the robust management dashboard for operating all aspect of the App and API.
- Implement caching and syncing strategies and performance optimization
- Built the original iOS app
- Integrate native-feeling web views into the mobile app with React
- Provision and manage our infrastructure of 30+ servers on Amazon Web Services
- Hire and coordinate a small team of developers
- First employee and first full-time developer
Figaro Interactive, LLC
Owner / Primary Engineer
2007 - 2010
Freelance and consulting work primarily building web applications.